Launched back in 2004, Full Tilt Poker quickly became one of the world’s largest online poker rooms. After going through though times in 2011, Full Tilt Poker was purchased by long-time competitor PokerStars and was relaunched with a Isle of Man gambling license in 2012. Today, both PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker are owned by the huge Canadian gambling company Amaya.
Full Tilt Poker does not belong to any poker network and it does not share traffic with PokerStars. It uses its own proprietary poker software and has its own campaigns, tournaments, etc.
What can I play?
Full Tilt Poker has a very nice selection of poker variants. Texas Hold’em is available of course, as well as Omaha Hi, Omaha HiLo and Razz. Draw poker is also available, as well as 5 Card Stud, Stud Hi and Stud HiLo. If you like Texas Hold’em but want to try out something a bit different, we suggest you take a stab at Irish at Full Tilt Poker. Irish is similar to Texas Hold’em, but players are dealt four hole cards pre-flop. Two of your initial four cards must be discarded after the flop round of betting. Irish is offered in both No Limit and Pot Limit formats.
Up for some mixed game play? Full Tilt Poker has huge selection of mixed game options.
- 7-Game: Limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Stud HiLo, Limit Razz, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud HiLo, No Limit Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha Hi
- 8-Game: Limit Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha Hi, Limit Stud HiLo, Limit 2-7 Tripple Draw, Limit Stud Hi, No Limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Razz
- 9-Game: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Stud HiLo, Pot Limit Omaha Hi, Limit 2-7 Triple Draw, Limit Razz, No Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud Hi, No Limit 2-7 Single Draw
- 10-Game: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Stud HiLo, Pot Limit Omaha Hi, Limit 2-7 Triple Draw, Limit Razz, No Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud Hi, No Limit 2-7 Single Draw, Limit Badugi
- HORSE: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Razz, Limit Stud Hi, Limit Stud HiLo
- HEROS: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Stud HiLo, Limit Razz, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud Hi
- HOSE: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud Hi, Limit Stud HiLo
- HOE: Limit Texas Hold ‘em, Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud HiLo
- HA: Pot Limit Texas Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha Hi
- HO: Limit Texas Hold’em, Limit Omaha HiLo
- OA: Pot Limit Omaha HiLo, Pot Limit Omaha Hi
- OE: Limit Omaha HiLo, Limit Stud HiLo
- SE: Limit Stud Hi, Limit Stud HiLo
Is there fast poker?
Yes, there is a fast poker variant available at Full Tilt Poker. Full Tilt Poker’s fast poker is called Rush Poker. As soon as you discard a hand, you are moved to a new table and get a new hand. You never have to sit around and wait for the other players to finish up a hand that you are no longer vested in.
Full Tilt Poker tournaments
Full Tilt Poker has a big offering of both scheduled tournaments and Sit & Go’s, Sit & Go Steps and Sit & Go Matrix.
There is something for everyone here, from free rollers to tournaments with really big buy-ins. For the tournaments with big buy-ins, there is usually a satellite structure available.
Examples of tournament types offered by Full Tilt Poker are Turbo, Super Turbo, Double Chance, Triple Chance, Add-on, Rebuy, Multi-entry, Double Stack, Super Stack, Shootout, Cashout, and Knockout Bounty.
The Full Tilt Online Poker Series (FTOPS) is arranged about four times a year and contains a multitude of tournaments. A lot of different poker variants and tournament formats are always represented. There are also overarching challenges, e.g. get in the money in 16 tournaments or more and get a special prize.
MiniFTOPS always takes place one month after FTOPS. It has the exact same tournament schedule as the preceding FTOPS, but the buy-ins are much lower.
Win your way to live tournaments
Full Tilt Poker have plenty of tournaments where you can win a travel package to a major poker event somewhere in the world. A travel package from Full Tilt Poker will typically contain airfare, hotel accommodation, live tournament buy-in, pocket money and merchandise.
In PokerScout’s list over the poker rooms and poker networks with the most traffic to cash game tables, Full Tilt Poker usually occupies one of the top ten spots. At the time of writing, Full Tilt Poker is on spot #9 with a seven day average of 850 cash game players and a 24 hour peak on 1437.
Before 2011, Full Tilt Poker had a lot of tight-aggressive professional and semi-professional poker players at their tables. Today, the games are often softer.
Since Full Tilt Poker isn’t a part of any poker network, they aren’t tied to using a networked poker software. Instead, they have their own proprietary poker software made especially for Full Tilt Poker. There are many options available for you as a player:
- Play directly in your browser.
- Download a poker client for Windows.
- Download a poker client for (Mac) OS X.
- Use the Full Tilt Mobile pap. Its available for mobile devices running Android 2.3 or above.
Fult Tilt Poker bonuses and other perks
- Register with Full Tilt Poker and get a no-deposit welcome bonus worth $10. It consists of two Rush Poker tickets (each worth $2) and six Jackpot Sit & Go tickets (each worth $1).
- Your first deposit to Full Tilt Poker is matched by 100% up to a maximum of $600.
- The recruitment bonus is $155.
- Full Tilt Poker has a loyalty program. Collect points by playing for real money. Your points can be used as buy-in to tournaments.
Just like PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker only offers email support, which is of course a big minus. A player can’t get phone support nor live chat support from Full Tilt Poker, which means that there is no way to get help in real time.
The email address to the Full Tilt Poker customer support is email@example.com.
Examples of transaction methods accepted by Full Tilt Poker are VISA, MasterCard, Entropay, Skrill (Moneybookers), Neteller and bank transfer.
Since Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars are owned by the same company, it is easy to transfer funds from your Full Tilt Poker account to your PokerStars account and vice versa.